Friday, September 28, 2012

Old School Blog

Today is the final day of the blog challenge. The topic is:
Link up a post you wrote on this day (September 28th) from a previous year. If you didn’t publish something on the 28th, link up a post from that week.

However, since I just started blogging a few months ago, I do not have any older posts to link up to. What I do have are my journals from my younger days. You know, the old fashioned blog except you didn't put it out there for everyone to read. I have pulled my old journals out and found an entry from my youth that was written in the fall.


 I have left out the names of my classmates.

------
October 28, 1988 
(my freshman year of high school)
Homecoming last night was okay. It could have been much, much better. Such as if boy-one would have asked me instead of girl-one. I can't believe she actually asked him if he was going to pay before she gave her answer. I cried all night practically. I did dance "Shook Me All Night Long" with him but it was nothing major. I watched him dance a slow dance with girl-one. I would have traded her places. He held her sooo close. As I danced I imagined it was with him.

Boy-two asked me to dance about five slow dances. I got so sick of it. I began dreading slow songs. When I saw him coming, I wanted to get lost. I don't have anything against him but, well you know.

I was happy to see boy-one follow girl-one everywhere. She ignored him too. She said something like she's only danced with boy-one. I watched her dance with as many boys as she could. Boy-one can dance with me as much as he wants.
------

I had forgotten all of the ups and downs of my teenage years. Luckily I immortalized them in my journals. Perhaps I will draw from them for future blog posts.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not exactly a big fan of my high school years. Be that as it may,I learned quite a few lessons. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete